Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New Exhibitions


Newsletter 4                                                                                                April-May 2012



Lee Nixon – Impressionist Artist

No. 4    April-May Spring 2012                 http://lee-nixon.artistswebsites.com



Hello and thank you for stopping by my website to see my Impressionist paintings, drawings, and floral paintings. I have been painting landscapes and other subject matter for nearly 48 years. My paintings reflect a reverence for a serene earth, and the desire to share it with you through color, pattern, and texture. I work primarily in acrylics for their versatility and compatibility with other media.

And, I apologize for being late with the Spring Newsletter. I have been totally absorbed with teaching the final semester of Fine Arts at the local high school and creating new landscapes.



New Exhibitions

The thrill of excitement is in the air! Can you smell its sweet fragrance? Several new large paintings will not be exhibited during the June 29, exhibition at The UVA Medical Center due to limited space. So, instead smaller paintings are being completed for maximum exposure. Several smaller paintings can be exhibited in place of a large one. Thumbnail images of several paintings for the UVA exhibit will appear in the next newsletter.

As for now, new paintings are being exhibited at The Light Well Tavern on 110 East Main Street, Orange Virginia. The exhibit is for the month of May and June.  Several large Impressionist Landscape paintings are on display depicting the dynamic energy generated by the surging waters of the Niagara Falls. My family and I were amazed by this display of awesome power and beauty when we visited upstate New York in 2011. I was personally amazed by the balance of immense, dynamic energy and power balanced by the fragile beauty of natural forces and vegetation on our wondrous home, the earth. I feel that it symbolizes the harmonious balance of life now and even more so in the near future. The titles of several paintings depict this theme; Surging Flow of Immense Power and Beauty (two separate paintings), Dynamic Energy Balanced by Tender Beauty, and A Pattern Of Earth’s Beauty.

The Arts Center in Orange is sponsoring this satellite exhibit at The Light Well. One of the two paintings, Surging Flow of Immense Power and Beauty, is on exhibit at The Arts Center; 129 East Main Street, P.O. Box 13, Orange Virginia 22960. Email:  theartsorange@aol.com  for additional information, Director Laura Thompson.

I have attached several photos depicting the exhibitions. It is thrilling to transfer numerous paintings out of the studio to various venues where the public, the people can enjoy my creations. The June newsletter will highlight the excitement of the UVA exhibit!

Thanks for visiting, and please come back soon!

Lee Nixon







1 comment:

Glenn Collier said...

A sunny view from old rapidan rd was one of my favorites at your uva exhibit --i was at uva for 3 days with my wife and this painting caused me to stop every time I walked by just wanted to let you know and thank you